Tags : :

Okay then... this will be a sticky.

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Nov 7 08 11:35 AM

Alrighty then... this morning was a bit of a let down.
I got there (County Line)around 6:30 this morning. The weather was fantastic. Blowing a stiff offshore breeze, sun shinning, water warm, tide high, and swell a hair too small. Yeah... almost perfect. :)

There was something there, but the winds were just a bit too stiff offshore with the tide being just a bit too high and the swell just 6 inches to a foot shy of enough swell.

It was ALMOST a great morning for surf. The part that got me as I was leaving was that, without doubt, there will have been a window this morning of probably a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes where it will be going off, just perfect. You could tell.

If I had nothing to do today, I would have stayed until that moment arrived.

Well... there is always tomorrow.

Quote    Reply   

ecr

superstar

#4 [url]

Nov 7 08 1:32 PM

"this morning's" as a sticky title... eh hemm... morning is not the only time to surf sir a.m.

-shredster

LOL

As the son of a son of a sailor, I went out on the sea for adventure.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Nov 7 08 1:33 PM

"this morning's" as a sticky title... eh hemm... morning is not the only time to surf sir a.m.

-shredster

I hear you man. Tell ya what... come Aprilish I will post another thread for afternoons and evenings. Until then, I can't check the surf any other time mid week. :) Besides.... mornings are the bestest time of all!

Quote    Reply   

matt479

superstar

#7 [url]

Nov 7 08 2:04 PM

Nope. And I can't open up surfline from work. Who is it? Or should I know who it is? I probably do.

-mofo

probably a good thing you can't open surfline ;)

they have a user surf report for some breaks. it's a guy who posts picturs of CL and ventura pt

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Nov 7 08 3:00 PM

That was the left at the south end, and it was breaking on the shore. The lines would come up, look like they would break, the tide was too high and the winds too stiff, and they would roll up to the shorebreak and peel just like in that pic. It looked so pretty and inviting. Until you watched it for a little while and realized how frustrating it would have been. Trust me, I saw that wave countless times this morning. It sure looked good. If I was about 4'6 and weighed 100 pounds, man. :)

It was pretty though. Just like I posted.

Quote    Reply   

ecr

superstar

#9 [url]

Nov 7 08 7:46 PM

another nice fall evening session. semi consistant combo swells sw/nw creating 1-3 wedges and runners with offshore breezes. so pretty with the sunset over anacapa and the blue ocean.

the water did drop a few degrees though.

As the son of a son of a sailor, I went out on the sea for adventure.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Nov 10 08 10:06 AM

Beautiful morning, 2'-4' wind peaks, offshore winds, bout 64 water, 4 guys out.

Yeah

WretchedExcess

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Nov 11 08 8:20 AM

Maaaaannnn... if you have today off and your logged on here... you should be ashamed. It looks like it is going to be such a fun morning surfing. My wifey and kid both have the day off today (it still feels wierd saying my 3 year old has the "day off" when she stays home from school... I mean.. she just plays at home instead of at school) and it was rough getting out of the warm bed this morning. But I did. And I should have slept in. I pulled up and it looked so good.. but way too much water.

There are nice lines out there this morning, when the tide goes down some I bet it's going to be a super fun waist high day. Sun out, no breeze and glassy water, temp dropped some though from all the upwelling from the wind. Zuma lifeguard report said 55 and for county you can add about 5 to 6 degrees.. but still... I think I'm gonna get that new winter suit this weekend, lol.

Anybody who has off today and surfs this morning, post how it was. I would love to hear (or read) the stoke! :)

Quote    Reply   

matt479

superstar

#13 [url]

Nov 11 08 8:50 AM

checked el stinko this morning since it's close to my work. didn't feel like driving an hour+ to other spots. weak mushed out with the high tide then dumpy shore break. not much to write home about.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Nov 12 08 10:25 AM

I surfed yesterday and all was lameness. I timed my arrival to coincide with the peak of the high tide, reasoning that it would just get better after that. I arrived at The Happiest Place on Earth to find small, inconsistent but still fun-looking waves with just three guys out, two of 'em regulars, so I just jumped right in.

It was better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick (I even got a barrel, according to witnesses?) but much to my confusion it got crappier and weaker as the tide went out. I thought there would be at least a little window where it got better before the tide got to low. WTF? Then the kids arrived. Then I went home.

Conditions were nice, though.

I'm playing hookey tomorrow . . .

Death to the Fascist Insect that Preys Upon the People!

Quote    Reply   

matt479

superstar

#17 [url]

Nov 13 08 10:42 AM

the north shore exploded this morning. O.O first round of the Triple Crown at haleiwa is on!

damn now i gotta figure where to surf or if i'm going to makaha

-xenaknight

talk is the rest of the NS is just huge and ali'i is the spot?
hopefully so-cal gets some of that swell tomorrow.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Nov 13 08 6:05 PM

talk is the rest of the NS is just huge and ali'i is the spot?hopefully so-cal gets some of that swell tomorrow.

-matt479

well, its not *huge* per say, but its bigger than what i would probably paddle out in. forecasts say around 8-12 hawaiian, maybe RBL or TJK can translate that.

the first event of the triple crown is at haleiwa, hence the contest is there. too bad cuz if it wasn't i probably would try to surf there if the current isn't too gnar.

Quote    Reply   

matt479

superstar

#19 [url]

Nov 13 08 6:13 PM

the first event of the triple crown is at haleiwa, hence the contest is there. too bad cuz if it wasn't i probably would try to surf there if the current isn't too gnar.

-xenaknight

current out there is CRAZY. worse current i've ever experienced. that maybe doesn't say a super whole lot in the surfing world, but DAMN worse than anyting i've experienced at SS or HBTS.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Nov 14 08 8:56 AM

Wound up having a lot more fun this morning than I thought I would when I paddled out. High tide was killing it everywhere, drove south, came accross a fun peak at Zuma and had a blast with a couple buddies who I normally surf with at county (Hi David & Rich!). I caught a few little inside drainers that would hold long enough for me to have a fun zippy ride and hop off my board into ankle deep water, lol. But wow... so pretty out. So warm, no wind, waist high, slightly chilled water. So much fun.

Good times.

Oh, and I just got the call about my red octafish being ready to be picked up for repair from Ventura Surline last night. So stoked to surf that board again!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help