Remove this ad

Lead

Jun 16 10 9:04 PM

Tags : :

To be honest I actually forgot about this website. Life's been busy with the kiddies, doing ding repair and surfing! How is everyone doing? Who's all in here?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 18 10 2:54 PM

Hasn't been a post here in over 2 weeks.

There may have been a minority of people over at waterdog that really didn't like what dannno was saying in his political posts, but he did keep enough people interested in coming to checkout the discussions day in and day out that made it a good place for everyone else who wasn't interested in the discussions to come in and meet up with everyone at least. I mean, talking about surfing is great, but it only goes so far, especially on a keyboard.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jun 18 10 2:59 PM

Oh, I got a 50+ yard noseride at malibu last weekend. Only about 35 people in the cove for most of the session. Also tucked into a nice little barrel section on another one, had like 12 people screaming down the line for me to make it out So I did

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jun 22 10 9:33 AM

It doesn't help that I can't log in here half the time, and since there's not a lot of action here I just don't check it very often.  I really miss everyone, but it's kind of depressing like a ghost town.

So anyway, I've been trying to register at the Surfermag BB.  Actually, I've been trying for years, but for some reason they won't have me.  I've tried different names, different email addresses, even different computers, and I get denied every time.  What is the deal with those people?  I've heard of other people having the same problem, but like I said this has been going on for YEARS.

If any of you guys are members over there, can you tell me what the hell is going on?  I'm getting a complex here, like maybe I said something so horrible on Surfline that I've been banned for life from all corporate message boards?  Actually, that would be kind of cool, but I doubt that's the problem.

er, anyway . . . how has everyone been?

Death to the Fascist Insect that Preys Upon the People!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 22 10 9:38 PM

Ha Ha!
 Prolly true,.. they hate you forever from something you said on Surfline about them!
   Screw them anyway! That mag has just been toilet paper since Severson left it anyway...
90% advertisement and 10% advertisements made to look like profile/interview...
 So I'm pretty sure the "site" is just for those who would NOT question their advertisers view of the direction of surfing.. ( whether it is true or not!)
   If you must have a surfing mag,.... The Surfer's Journal is far superior.. Besides,... You don't need to get on a site where you will only end up arguing with folks telling you that you know nothing about surfing because they have been at it for a couple of years... You will continue to walk your own path anyway!
  (p.s. if you are down this way, my cell # is still the same... send a text...I'm in O'side... let's paddle out!)

Remember what happened to Dana Point! Don't let Developers EVER steal our Surfbreaks!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jun 23 10 9:44 AM

Hey Dan!  Actually, I was hoping to find you on Facebook, but I totally failed.  Maybe you could look me up?  My name is weirder so it shouldn't be too hard.  It's Janet Housden, and I think I'm the only one on there, but you never know.  Oh yeah, and I don't have a text phone yet, so I can't text ya.

And I love the Surfer's Journal, and used to have a subscription, but I've fallen on hard times and can't afford it anymore.  Someday.

Anyway, the reason I thought I might be banned was that I once posted a long screed against surf contests.  My reasoning is that they always use the excuse that they pay for permits, which entitles them to hog a public resource for the day.  I brought up the point that if just dropping some cash entitled you to own the beach for the day, what's to stop Donald Trump or some equivalent douchebag from "renting" Malibu for a week?  Or a month?  I mean, where does it stop?  The way things are headed in this country I could actually see this happening.

It was right after I posted this that the Surfline board was shut down forever.  Since I'm naturally prone to paranoia and conspiracy theories, I've always sort of wondered . . . .

Death to the Fascist Insect that Preys Upon the People!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Jun 25 10 11:09 AM

What's up people? I have almost the same story as Gunner. Been busy with work, traveling, family, and well surfing to log in here.

Gunner dude we need to surf! You too Dave. 

Just living the life in So Cal

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 12 10 7:38 AM

Hey Dan!  Actually, I was hoping to find you on Facebook, but I totally failed.  Maybe you could look me up?  My name is weirder so it shouldn't be too hard.  It's Janet Housden, and I think I'm the only one on there, but you never know.  Oh yeah, and I don't have a text phone yet, so I can't text ya.And I love the Surfer's Journal, and used to have a subscription, but I've fallen on hard times and can't afford it anymore.  Someday.Anyway, the reason I thought I might be banned was that I once posted a long screed against surf contests.  My reasoning is that they always use the excuse that they pay for permits, which entitles them to hog a public resource for the day.  I brought up the point that if just dropping some cash entitled you to own the beach for the day, what's to stop Donald Trump or some equivalent douchebag from "renting" Malibu for a week?  Or a month?  I mean, where does it stop?  The way things are headed in this country I could actually see this happening.It was right after I posted this that the Surfline board was shut down forever.  Since I'm naturally prone to paranoia and conspiracy theories, I've always sort of wondered . . . .

-annefrankenstein

Pretty sure the Scorpion Bay rants shut Shitline down.

Never been able to get on the MagSurfer forum either.  But I suspect my vocal responses about Barra and Scorpion Bay have me blacklisted by SIC for eternity.

BTW Sean Collins rented Barra for a week with a security goons thrown in by the local government.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 12 10 7:39 AM

Pretty sure the Scorpion Bay rants shut Shitline down.Never been able to get on the MagSurfer forum either.  But I suspect my vocal responses about Barra and Scorpion Bay have me blacklisted by SIC for eternity.BTW Sean Collins rented Barra for a week with a security goons thrown in by the local government.

-shaker

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help